Social Interaction / Companionship Therapy effects are Wonderful
They look forward to the visits and our time. Sometimes we listen to music or sing songs, or its quiet time during their massage. “Whatever helps them relax” is what is most important.
- Skin to skin touch and human contact that’s caring, helps them feel good about themselves on the inside.
- Bluish fingers and toes, from poor circulation, become healthy pink again.
- Helps speed up the healing process for bed sores.
High anxiety leads to contracted muscles and irritability. Gentle massage can reduce anxiety levels, relax muscles and helps them feel calmer, relaxed and happier.
Profound Massage Therapy Effects Achieved Through Compassionate Care
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
Source: American Massage Therapy Association 2006